(This picture has nothing to do with the content of the blog post, but it’s too cute not to use.)
Today is an exciting day!! Within the blogging world, other bloggers will tag each other to write specific posts. My blog is still quite baby, and hasn’t made a huge dent in the blogging world. Therefore, I haven’t been noticed enough to get tagged to write a blog post. That is, UNTIL TODAY!!! THAT’S RIGHT, I WAS TAGGED TO WRITE A BLOG POST!!! An ENORMOUS shout-out to Rosalie Valentine from Penprints for tagging me! Love you girl ❤ . Also, all of you should check out Rosalie’s blog because she is an amazing human being with a vast knowledge of writing and has been gifted with wisdom from the Lord. I know I’ve learned a lot from her blog posts, and I think you would too if you read her blog.
I was tagged to write a Sunshine Blogger post. Basically, this means I need to answer 11 questions, come up with 11 more questions, and tag up to 11 bloggers (I see a theme). Ready to begin?
1. What is the last 5 star book you read? What made it a 5 star read?
This is soooooo hard!!! According to Goodreads, the last 5 star book I read was A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab. This book was so good! I am in love with Schwab’s writing style. Plus, she’s British which automatically makes her amazing 😉 . In all seriousness, this book had an excellent plot with a really good twist. I so appreciated that Lila Bard wasn’t the stereotypical heroine. SHE WANTS TO BE A PIRATE PEOPLE!!! This book breaks down the barriers of what is expected from female characters and I love it.
2. What makes you feel most alive?
Wow. This is a deep question that I wasn’t completely prepared for.
There are a lot of answers I could give for this question: writing, reading, hanging out with my friends, doing something daring (like killing a spider). When I really think about it, none of those things compare to what truly makes my soul light up and dance like fire. Worshiping God is one of my greatest joys on this earth. There is absolutely nothing that compares to sitting at the piano and playing the chords to a worship song while singing His praise at the top of my lungs. There is something so calming about praising my savior. I can’t even explain why, but this—more than anything else—makes my soul come alive.
3. Name a fictional character who has impacted you in some way.
Easy. Parvin Blackwater. The Out of Time series by Nadine Brandes radically changed my outlook on life. Besides Tolkien, Brandes is the only author who has ever impacted me in such an incredible way. If you have not read this trilogy yet, please go and read it immediately. Parvin’s character challenges me to embody Christ even more. There isn’t much I can say without spoiling the books so I will leave it at that.
4. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with all the extra time (besides write or read)?
Rosalie!!! This isn’t a fair question!! If I had more time all I would do is read and write. But, if it absolutely must be something other than that, I would probably practice the piano and learn a new instrument. Music is another one of my passions, and I haven’t had the opportunity to pursue that over the past year. IT’S KILLING ME. On a happier note, I’ve decided to minor in music so no more death!
5. In one sentence, share your philosophy for life.
At the end of the day, week, month, year, your life, what really matters; all you have accomplished, your fame, your wealth, or what you have done for Christ? (this is probably a run-on sentence, but she didn’t say it had to be grammatically correct soooo)
6. Use a GIF to describe your default mood.
7. What are 3 little things that make you incandescently happy?
- Vintage books
- Deep conversations
- Books with unique, but fantastic motifs and themes (AKA The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult)
8. Are you primarily logic or feeling driven?
Well, my Myers-Briggs test says I’m an INFP which means I’m primarily feeling driven. Upon a close examination of my life (AKA a 2 second reflection) this claim is completely correct.
9. What is the thing that makes you write even when you hate it?
I have a couple different forms of motivation when I hate my writing. The first is reminding myself of my goals. I set specific goals for myself because I know I won’t write as much as I should if I don’t set those goals. The second form of motivation is Jesus. Honestly, this sounds cliche, but He gave me the gift of writing and I can’t keep it to myself. God has given me this wonderful gift, and I have no right to store it in a box which means I must write even when I don’t want to. Sometimes, the very thing we are most passionate about becomes our worst enemy when we are so close to break through. This is because Satan fights against you. He knows you will do great things for the Kingdom, and he is trying to stop you. Don’t let him.
10. If you were a dictator, what 3 main policies would characterize your regime?
The first and most important policy would be that coffee is considered a necessity. This would mean it is free for all, and Starbucks (and any other coffee shops) must give coffee away instead of sell it.
Secondly, no poor child should be forced to take a math or science class. This is pretty self-explanatory. Math and science are detestable, and should never be forced upon anyone.
Thirdly, there shall be regular breaks throughout the day for leisurely reading and tea time. How anyone survives without books, I will never know. I am 99.99999999999999% sure I would drop dead without books. My friends and family can attest to the fact that I never leave the house without a book.
11. What song do you always play on repeat?
This is a tough one. I honestly cannot choose one song so I am going to pick one from a few different genres of music
Worship music: Tremble by Mosaic MSC
Rap: Intro 2 by NF
Love song: Perfect by Ed Sheeran
Existentialism/Deep thinking: Addict With a Pen by Twenty One Pilots
There you have it. My deepest darkest secrets divulged within the space of 11 questions ;). This was a really fun blog post for me, and I can’t wait to participate in another blog post tag! My 11 questions are below:
- What book impacted you the most?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go, and why?
- If you could change one historical event which one, and why?
- Do you prefer new or vintage books?
- Name the most influential non-fiction author you have read.
- What “old person” things do you do?
- What is your opinion on authors including poems/songs in books? Do they add to the story, are they unneeded?
- If you have a current WIP (work in progress) who would you want to direct/star in a movie adaptation of your WIP?
- What is your favorite character archetype?
- If you could live the life of any main character (book or movie) whose would it be and why?
- What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
I hope you all enjoyed this week’s blog post! I feel like someone needs to hear this right now, remember YOU ARE LOVED. God loves you so much, and is so proud of you. I love you too! You are a precious human soul, and deserve to know and understand how loved you are.
Have a fantastic week!